Each resident at the Iowa Veterans Home has their own care team. This team includes:
- A primary nurse.
- A social worker.
- A recreation therapist.
- A restorative care aide.
- A dietitian.
- A direct caregiver.
- A pharmacist.
- A physician.
Residents and their families can work with the team to plan their treatment. They meet each quarter to look at the plan and address any concerns.
The Iowa Veterans Home has a clinic where outside providers can meet with residents. Residents also use the clinic for virtual appointments.
Residents, their families, and staff can request mental health services through our mental health bureau. The bureau is staffed on weekdays and offers help with medication, counseling, and staff education.
Our residents can receive the following services if they have a doctor's order:
- Physical therapy.
- Speech therapy.
- Occupational therapy.
- Respiratory therapy.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Prosthesis (including dentures).
- Hearing aids.
- Health care supplies.
- Nutritional supplements.
- Music wellness.
- Recreational services.
- Chaplain services.
- Nutritional services.
- Social work services.
- Incentive therapy (a resident work program).
- Transportation to outside medical appointments.
- Banking services.
- Bill paying assistance.
- Assistance applying for federal, state, and non-government entitlements.
- Gift shop.
- Barber and beauty shop (paid for by the resident).
- Laundry (dry cleaning and mending also available at the resident's expense).
- Massage therapy (at the resident's expense).
Please contact our staff with any questions.