Join Our Team
Welcome to the Iowa Veterans Home! More than 900 Iowans work with us, and we love it when skilled people join our team.
The Iowa Veterans Home offers quality benefits. They include:
- Pre-taxed comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- A deferred compensation program.
- Iowa Public Employees Retirement System.
- Retirement Investors Club (RIC).
- Paid vacation leave.
- Accrual of sick leave.
- Nine paid holidays per year.
- A flexible medical spending account.
- An employee assistance program.
The Iowa Veterans Home is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We have an online document showing the steps to apply. When you send us your application, we will process it in Des Moines. If you have questions or need help with applying, please call 641-753-4400 or 641-753-4543.
We allow students and faculty from educational institutions to visit and learn at our facility.
To visit, you must complete our Student Learner Affiliation Agreement. Students and faculty must follow the agreement, as well as all rules for our campus and for their own institution. To prepare for your visit, you must complete an orientation.
Please contact our staff with any questions.