Related Topics:

Iowa Veterans Affairs

Read about the Iowa DL Veteran Designation

Honorably discharged veterans may ask for the β€œVeteran” designation on their driver’s license or state issued identification card. The designation can be added anytime they want a new card. A duplicate DL or ID costs $10.00.

Veterans need to provide a copy of their DD214 or discharge document to the Iowa DOT and fill out the Iowa DOT Veteran License Application to add the designation to their DL or ID.

The Iowa DOT offers special license plate to veterans for an additional charge. Find Military Service License Plates on the Iowa DOT website in the 'Military Service Plates' section near the bottom of the page.